Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week 6 EOC: Illicit

Watching illicit was quite interesting.  I was aware of the fact that knock offs exist.  When you walk into a swap meet you are surrounded by knock off Hello Kitty, Jordan, Nike, and many others.  I never knew how the reproduction of fake products could have such a negative impact worldwide.  I think people are so naïve to the fact that purchasing such items could really create a controversy.  It is sickening to see criminals making fake pharmaceuticals that can make innocent individuals extremely ill.  All the illegal activity that has occurred over the years has been a mystery to me.  Never did I think that people would be so desperate for money that they would mix multiple ingredients to make fake medication.  I know for a fact that people sell fake handbags and you can usually tell by certain accents of the bag.  It is unbelievable how the bags were so legit to the original designs.  I have actually attended a close friend’s house while a woman was having a bag party.  All the bags that she was selling were knock offs.  She made really good money because women are really into purchasing something close to what they can’t afford.  I personally didn’t buy anything because from working in retail at Coach (The handbag store) I learned to respect the product.  It’s not fair for somebody to just make money off of a label that has worked hard to obtain their success.  I think that the Governments should participate in investigations together in order to stop the crime.  It’s not about what the actual item is, it goes way beyond material things.  It’s sad to see human beings that are dying, getting sick, and being bribed into contributing.  It’s not just up to the people who are in charge of things either; people need to think about what they are really getting themselves into.  I fell as if this has had an impact on me; I’m going to do my part to not be involved in anything that was mentioned in this production.

No comments:

Post a Comment