Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 3 EOC: Jeopardy- Challenges and Opportunities

I have to admit reading through all the definitions wasn’t easy.  I didn’t finish going through all of them because I felt as if I had to remember them before continuing to the next page.  I found myself trying to remember what they meant and stressing myself out.  I had to keep reading through the same things over and over.  It was challenging because I wanted to take notes and write everything down, which would only result in a copy of the textbook.  Using the definitions in a creative way can help obtain information because just reading them I just couldn’t focus. Many of the terms looked identical with a few words changed around.  Ultimately creating the Jeopardy game, the biggest challenge for me was coming up with the categories.  It is easier to make a Jeopardy game than to read the book, that’s for sure.  The biggest problem was trying to differentiate the different terms in a way that separates them.  My main focus is coming up with questions that are logical, and that also make sense to the player.  Its difficult creating questions that are both challenging and fair.  Only because I’m not sure where the class stands on the content.  The game is interesting seeing as it has been created using PowerPoint.  As far as opportunities go, I believe that adding creativity to any project embeds information more efficiently than skimming through the never ending pages.  The Jeopardy game requires special attention in order to work properly which is important.  This challenge also gives me practice with PowerPoint, seeing as I haven’t used the program in a long time.  I have never done anything this complicated with the program as well.  I want to give others the opportunity to be able to answer the questions easily.  I’m also hoping that the questions that other students are coming up with aren’t too hard because I’m no good at Jeopardy anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment