Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week 4 EOC: Death Race Jeopardy

The Jeopardy learning experience wasn’t so bad.  It was really different from what I expected it to be.  I was able to retain information from playing the game. I now know by heart that OG stands for Official Gazette.  I have also learned to remember exactly what infringement is.  Something new that I’ve also learned is the abandonment of a patent application.  At first some of the terms seemed to sound alike, but after they were used a few times they started to make sense.  Ultimately it is impossible to become familiar with over one hundred pages of definitions in a few weeks.  The hardest aspect of death race Jeopardy was being timed of course.  The hardest questions were the case names.  The Bayh-Dole Act, enacted in 1980, is something that I’d never thought I’d remember but with universities being involved somehow that was the key word to remembering it.  I think it was a good idea for everyone to make their own Jeopardy to share with the class.  Playing the games made it fun to learn new concepts, because I know there are some people, like myself who didn’t make it through every single definition.  I think it would have been more efficient to trade off the games more so that everyone could have had the chance to share what they came up with.  It was also fun to get together in different groups and work together as teams in order to answer the questions.  I think that in the end everyone enjoyed playing the game as well as earning extra points for the midterm.  Experiencing the Jeopardy games helped me to see where I stand and what aspects I need to go over in order to get a decent grade on the midterm.  Overall it was a fun experience and got something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment