Thursday, December 16, 2010

Argument and opinions

     I can honestly say that I do agree with the  rulings.  When looking through the intellectual property book, I was able to compare my answers to some of the content.  Both the book, and my attorney elaborated on subjects I didn’t know or thought I knew.  I think the process of breaking the ice and contacting a layer definitely has prepared me somewhat.  It was a reality check and it has made me more alert of the many circumstances that I will face someday.  I think it has clarified the importance of hiring and actual lawyer if needed.  It is vital that the attorney is well educated in the subject matter as it covers so much “Copyright law protects a variety of original expressions, including art, sculpture, literature, music, songs, choreography, crafts, poetry, software, photography, movies, video games, websites, architecture, and graphics.” Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, Pg. 196 
     If anything I will be using copyright law most.  Video production falls into creative work in intellectual property protection.  Not all aspects but the film and video part.  “The Copyright Act specifically protects movies, videotapes, videodiscs, CD-ROM multimedia packages, training films, and computer games as audiovisual works.” Patents, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, Pg, 215 
     The results contained new information that I didn’t know.  Especially when finding out that once something is made into a tangible form, it is automatically valid for an automatic copyright.  I’m aware that not everything is, but most things are.  “A creative work is protected by copyright the moment the work assumes a tangible form –which in copyright circles is referred to as, “fixed in a tangible medium of expression.”  Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, Pg. 196 
     Overall the assignment of finding a lawyer and asking questions wasn’t that bad.  It was a great experience that is sure to help me in the future.  I definitely learned from the experience and have a different perspective on hiring lawyers.  It’s easier said than done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment