Thursday, December 9, 2010

EOC: Week 10 Erin Brokovich vs. Robert Kearns

     There is obviously a big difference between the two stories as well as the characters.  If I had to choose between the two characters I would definitely have to go with Erin Brokovich.  She kicked ass in the film.  She didn’t let anything get to her, even with the many obstacles that came her way.  She was a single mother, and she wasn’t even a lawyer.  Erin worked through any given circumstances, even when she was ill.  The case took a good amount of her time, although she was consumed in her work and had to miss out on family time.  She did have her moments but she didn’t allow herself to be afraid of a big corporation.  I believe that she had more stress to deal with because there were so many parties involved.  She managed to keep herself together while fighting for justice.  The role of Erin Brokovich was quite enjoyable, she was a tough woman.  As with Mr. Kearns character, even before the invention was created his demeanor was very bland and serious.    Since he was so serious, I expected to see more emotion than what was shown.  I understand the severity of the situation, and I can’t say I would react in a different manner.  I just know that I would portray more anger if I were in the same situation.  I really did enjoy the endings and the reactions of the two characters.  It gives such a sense of relief because it almost felt as if I sat in court and depositions day after day.  The characters had a great sense of personality and only wanted justice.  It takes so much courage to fight for others, than fighting for one’s own self.  The characters both neglected their families in a way which makes them similar in a way but in the end it served a good purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment