Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reasoning of the law

      I found the responses to my questions to be simple and right to the point.  It was difficult to form the questions to receive definite answers.  With one question, several other questions were developed at once.  My attorney was honest, if he didn’t know the exact answer he would ask me to elaborate.  Since I’m not a lawyer, he took the time to actually come up with scenarios so that I would understand the process.  His logic and thinking process were both easy to understand.  I was surprised that he knew anything about film, and certain tactics that go along with it.  I was only surprised because he mostly deals with construction defect cases; he is a really educated individual.  The hardest question to find reasoning for was my question about a name being left out of the credits; it is question number six in my list.  I wasn’t aware that this sort of thing has happened all the time.  I know that in some movies actors are labeled as the producers because they fund the production.  I had no idea that people are refused the opportunity to have their name in the credits.  Something that I found interesting would have to be the cease and desist process.  I was clueless about it, I found reference to a cease in desist in the classroom text.  I learned the reasoning of it which states the purpose in a letter form.  “This letter informs the alleged infringer of the validity and ownership of the copyrighted work, the nature of the infringement, and the remedies that are available to the copyright holder unless the infringement is halted.” Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, Pg. 219  In order to refrain from having to take action with the cease and desist process it is easier to create an agreement that if the proposal isn’t of the likes of a client that they may not take my work either way without permission.  The reasoning in my case of legal issues worked out and was understood well.

No comments:

Post a Comment