Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice.

     When the project was assigned, I thought to myself… what are the odds.  I just got a job as a file clerk in a law office.  I was still a bit worried because I hadn’t had many conversations with the lawyer’s in the office at all.  I did prepare the research before choosing a lawyer in the office that I work in.  I wanted to make sure that choosing a lawyer from my office would be the right choice.  I didn’t try contacting any of the other lawyers that I found because some lawyers have experience with many different subjects other than the ones that they specialize in. The lawyer that I chose is Leonard Fink “Lenny, from Springel & Fink, LLP.  I thought that he’d be the best choice because I heard that he was really smart.  I was intimidated a bit to ask him to help me with answering the questions.  I didn’t fell confident that they would be formatted properly in a way that he’d understand.  He was really nice about it when I asked him.  He agreed, I didn’t have to explain much about what the project was.

     It took some time in order to meet with Lenny.  He was busy with different meetings, depositions, and other responsibilities that come with being a lawyer.  I didn’t get a chance to meet with him until after the Thanksgiving holiday had passed.  Once I met with him, I had to reformat some of my questions because they were very broad.  I specified some of the questions in order to get direct answers other than “it depends.”  I think it was a little bit easier to meet with my lawyer in person because he was able to look at my questions from the paper that I provided.  I like the fact that he gave specific scenarios.  The scenarios helped me to understand the concepts.  The answers that I received weren’t that long. They were short and to the point.  It goes to show that hiring a lawyer is easier said than done.

Springel & Fink LLP
Leonard T. Fink
(702)804-0706
    

No comments:

Post a Comment